Updated: Oct 22
The Residential Aide serves as a caregiver to the housing participants in our Housing
Program under the harm reduction approach. This position ensures the safety, security and
order for the daily operations of the residence during assigned shift. This position works
closely with management and other staff to ensure that the compatibility and integrity of
the programs are upheld.
This position also supports other Love Home staff to ensure compliance with Love Home Inc.
standards, any contractual requirements to which Love Home Inc. may be obliged, and all
applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Location: E. Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
• Serve as a role model for all housing participants within the location.
• Consistently communicate with Love Home staff about issues involving housing
participants and other issues that may present themselves.
• Support day-to-day services of housing participants
• Support adults with mental disorders/substance use
• Provide support in interpersonal communication, problem solving, personal hygiene,
etc. to housing participants
• Support individuals with medical visits, and recreational activities.
• Promote independence
• Conduct periodic walk-throughs during assigned shift.
• Answer the phone and direct callers to the appropriate person.
• Clean and maintain upkeep of the interior and exterior of the location.
• Assist with laundry.
• Assist with meals, if applicable.
• Restock supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, soap, etc.
• Assist staff with housing participants supervision and service delivery
• Ensure housing participants are safely monitored
• Assure Incident Reports are reported and recorded
• Assure adherence to all House Rules and safety and health rules and regulations
• Provide housing participants transportation, if applicable
• Record daily work log for next shift
• Maintain and ensure housing environment is clean and safe according to Love Home
• Report any repair needed and pest infestation in logbook
• Promote nutritious meal plans and physical activities that facilitate personal health
and well being
• Assist management and staff in supervision during daily activities
• Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with housing participants and staff
• Respond to housing participants requests in a professional and courteous manner
• Observe and adhere to confidentiality standards.
• Assist in coordination of daily program activities
• Assure that all emergency needs of housing participants are met, report incidents as
• Respond appropriately to emergencies including contacting appropriate staff and
supervisor(s), interacting with police, fire, and medical personnel as needed.
Job Description: Residential Aide
• Other tasks as assigned by the program management
• Demonstrate respect for cultural/lifestyle diversities of housing participants and staff
• Minimum of six-months experience working with Mental Health and Substance Abuse
in a residential setting
• Experience in working with diverse populations.
• Clerical skills and computer proficiency including using Microsoft Office and sending
• Good writing and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and record keeping skills.
• A minimum of one-year sobriety if recovering
• Clean driving record required if driving is a requirement
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a member of a professional team.
• Ability to speak with housing participants in an instructive, directive, firm, and
• Ability to speak, read, and write in English
• Must have a positive attitude and a desire to provide compassionate care
• Knowledge of social, healthcare, supportive and other resources available for
formerly incarcerated, low-income, no-income, and special needs population.
• Ability to set strong boundaries.
• No probation/parole (LiveScan may be required).
• Approximately 20 - 40 hours per week.
• May involve evenings and weekends.
• May involve interaction with challenging persons.
• Able to lift up to 100 pounds.
• Frequent walking and climbing stairs.
• Able to bend.
• Must pass LiveScan background check, if applicable.
• Must have current CPR and first aid training (must be kept current).
• Must have current TB test (must be kept current).
• Must have minimum one (1) year clean.
• Must submit to random UA testing.
Support: Training for this position will be provided. In addition, the CEO, Head of
Operations, or delegate will be available for questions and assistance.
List by job title any positions to be supervised by the incumbent: None
Dress Code: Business Casual
Pay: TBD Apply Now: Email firstname.lastname@example.org